[THIN] Re: super mandatory / flex profiles

  • From: "Lilley, Brian" <brian.lilley@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 11:58:55 -0000

Hi Neil,

We have designed our own 'secure dispatcher' which provides an api which we
can utilise in scripts which allow the scripts to 'do stuff' under the context
of a specific user id.

So, some keys in software\policies need to be touched by a script which uses
the security context of the specific id, but the perms set on the keys get
stamped on by userenv.

I have traced the userenv.dll and got :

USERENV(b14.858) 11:40:31:165 ResetPolicies: Entering.
USERENV(b14.858) 11:40:31:165 SetRegPermissionsOnPoliciesKey: Resetting
permission on the policy key
USERENV(b14.858) 11:40:31:165 SetRegPermissionsOnPoliciesKey: Resetting
permission on the policy key

so, it looks like you are right, rework of OS required... we have plenty of
development expertise and rewiring parts of the OS so it is a possibility for
us....which is nice..

...will keep you guys posted.

Brianos :o)