[THIN] strange connection problem

  • From: Alexander Hoogers <security@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:47:58 +0200

I have a strange problem...
We have one farm with multiple citrix metaframe for windows xpa 1.0 FR3
servers, Win 2000 SP4, datastore msaccess on first citrix server, which is
Master ICA browser also (preffered), loadbalanced published apps.

All citrix services started. We use an addresslist in the ica client (ICA
over HTTP with a different port), so when starting a published app the
client first checks this particalular server. Today, clients (different
versions, thin clients also) could not connect anymore: Cannot connect to
the Citrix Metaframe server. Unable to locate the requested MetaFrame server
name. Nothing has changed in the farm, but suddenly this error shows up..

When I setup another citrix server ip in the addresslist of the ica client,
it works fine! When using the original ip of the master browser (the first
citrix server), it shows the error shown above. The last strange thing the
citrix client can show a list of all the available servers. This works fine,
so ica browser works fine. But when asking for the list of published apps,
it shows the error: The ica browser dit not return any server names. You can
enter server addresses in the address list for the application set if there
are no metaframe presentation server computers in your local subnet.

Who has any idea what can be wrong?

Regards,

Alexander