[THIN] Re: slow logons

  • From: Jim Hathaway <JimH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 18:00:42 -0700

Actually, I had a somewhat similar issue with a Win2k, SP2, XPE (FR-2)
roll-out, where an older 'toshiba laptop' user with the newest Citrix client
would have long login times, and even longer waits when attempting to attach
files from his C: drive to e-mails.

I even talked with Citrix about it and they had no solution. What I eneded
up doing was disabling the 'map local drives' feature from AD for the user.
And scripted into the login script for only him to map his local drives to
the citrix session (kix).

Worked like a champ for me, his login times are much quicker, and oddly
enough so is his ability to add attachments to e-mail while browsing his C:
drive.

Why we had the issue in the first place, I really don't know.