[THIN] Re: slow logons

  • From: Adam_Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 14:27:05 -0700

I wish it were that simple.  This user has access to only two applications:
Attachmate Extra and Lotus Notes.  Out of 400 users, this is the only one
like it.  He may have other issues because all of his printing comes out in
Arabic.  I've delted/added drivers, etc, but all he gets is Arabic when
logged into Metaframe.

                    rose.ratliffe@albertad

                    octors.org                   To:     thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                    Sent by:                     cc:

                    thin-bounce@freelists.       Subject:     [THIN] Re: slow
logons
                    org

                    10/07/2002 02:27 PM

                    Please respond to thin

I had that logging into the desktop after having accessed the floppy drive
through word.  It put the document onto the recent documents list (Start ->
Documents)  Eventually other documents knocked it off the list.  I'm
guessing that you could get rid of it by removing the profile or finding
the document in the registry.

Rose

                      Adam_Baum@xxxxxx

                      a.az.us                  To:      thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                 cc:

                      thin-bounce@free         Subject: [THIN] slow logons

                      lists.org

                      10/07/02 03:09

                      PM

                      Please respond

                      to thin

Anyone ever see a 20 second floppy scan during logon?  One of my users
(latest ICA client) takes about 20 seconds when scanning for local drives
at logon.

adam