[THIN] single thin client license

  • From: "Luchette, Jon" <JLuchette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 10:08:33 -0400

6 MF XP FR3 servers
Win2k sp4 on all
1 Win2k TS Licensing server/domain controller
Wyse thin clients 3630's

Hello,

I am having a strange problem with just one of my WYSE 3630 thin clients
that I believe is related to terminal services licensing.  Whenever I try to
connect over ICA from it, the session simply disconnects immediately upon
communication with the Metaframe server.  Whenever I try to connect over RDP
from it, I get the following error message: "The remote computer
disconnected the session because of an error in the licensing protocol."
The metaframe server that accepts the request initially is getting event
id's 1004 ' The terminal server cannot issue a client license' logged in the
system log.  Wyse has said that even though I am not having any other
problems with any of my other 100 - 150 thin clients of the same build
version and model, that this is not a problem with my thin client, but
rather a Microsoft TSLicensing problem.  They have directed me to install
the following hotfixes from Microsoft on my TSLicensing server: Q825027and
Q813508 and I did with no success (actually 813508 was fixed in sp4 so it
detected it as already there and wouldn't let me install it).  I've also
tried stopping and starting the TSLicensing service and waiting 15 minutes,
but still nothing.  I don't know what else to do, I've reimaged the thin
client a million times, set it back to factory defaults, changed the name,
everything.  The weird part is that it is only happening to this one thin
client.  Even knowing that I have tried both of the suggested Microsoft
hotfixes on my TSLicensing server, and still nothing.  Anybody got any
ideas/had the same problem?

Thanks,

/jL

than buying more servers.