[THIN] Re: single citrix 6.5 server in a 6.5 provisioning farm

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 20:13:41 -0400

I assume that you already installed the User Profile Manager service on
the standalone server right?

Are the provisioned and single server given a static IP and on the same
​subnet? Or is there dhcp involved here? Can you ping the provisioned
servers from the single one ok? I would be looking at the network side of
things here if not.

Adam Rush has a good step by step for setting up UPM at this link... maybe
something in here will tip you off. It has been a long time since I have
even touched a Citrix Server (2010) but I was a beta tester for
Provisioning Server back in the day.
Here is Adams site

http://www.virtuallyimpossible.co.uk/install-and-configure-profile-management-for-citrix-xenapp-6-5/

Good Luck

Regards

Jim Kenzig
jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx
Blog: http://www.kenzig.com
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/kenzig
Twitter: <http://twitter.com/kenzig>http://twitter.com/kenzig
<http://twitter.com/kenzig%20>
Linked-in: http://www.linkedin.com/in/kenzig
​And still TheThin List OWNER 19 years later... ☺☺☺

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 5:51 PM, Heflin, Janet <
Janet.Heflin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

We have a 6.5 Citrix Farm using Provisioning services. There are 6
servers and all works great, but I needed to bring up a stand alone 6.5
server that does not use provisioning. I created the server and assigned
all of the GPOs as the other Xenapp Servers get. The app that is on it
works great.

BUT,

It is not using the profile manager information (does use the profiles
directory on our nas)

What am I missing that this server has all the parts the only thing that
makes it different is it is not a server that receives a new image every
night?

Janet

*Janet Heflin*

*System Administrator*

Information Technology

T.D. Williamson, Inc.

6120 S. Yale Avenue | Suite 1700 | Tulsa, OK | 74136-4235

Phone: (918) 447-5168

*Help Desk Phone: +1.918.447.5222 <%2B1.918.447.5222>*
*Help Desk Email:* helpdesk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Janet.Heflin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | www.tdwilliamson.com

[image: TDW%20logo%203]

This message and any attachments may be a confidential attorney-client
communication or otherwise be privileged and confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient, any review, distribution or copying of this
transmittal is prohibited. If you have received this transmittal in error,
please reply by e-mail and delete this message and all attachments.

JPEG image