[THIN] Re: silent reg. install..

  • From: Simon Horn <simon.horn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 06:54:57 +1000

Hi Paul,

You need to create a .REG file, lets say for example TEST.REG, which you
then execute by running REGEDIT /S TEST.REG.
An example of a .REG file. An example .REG file that will work under Win2k,
to let's say change the current users proxy server would be :

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings]
"ProxyServer"="proxy:81"

Also, I read somewhere that if access to registry editing tools has been
disabled via registry/policy, a REGEDIT /S apparently still works.. I
haven't properly tested this out yet though.

Cheers,
Simon