[THIN] security settings/policy for MS Office XP in a Nfuse environment

  • From: Tina Schiøler <tina@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: " (thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:27:13 +0100

HI can anyone help me!!
I'm using nfuse17 with MetaFrame XPe+FR2 and on the farm-servers there is
installed MS Office XP through a modified .mst file and ops file.

If the users are using ica desktop sessions they get the modifications from
the ops and prf file that I have deployed through the registry and
usrlogon1, 2, 3 and everything is fine.

But if the user is connecting to an application through Nfuse (ex. Word)
then none of the modified settings is incorporated...... (except that I have
forced outlook to call the .prf file right at start up in the cmc
application publication, there they get then the settings to our exchange
server but not the toolbar modifications....... from the ops.)

I know that it is because the ops file has to run for the user before the
application is opened..... But when connecting to the application through
nfuse it opens straight away and no modifications appear.

We are in a network that uses win2000 on the MF Servers and Nfuse CSG+ STA
but without AD most of the other network is NT 4.0 with PDC and BDC so I'm
also a bit confused in how to apply security policies who may be able to
solve my problem.... Since I'm more used to win200 with AD.