[THIN] Re: securing a terminal

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 18:07:34 -0500

I use a combination of things. opendns is free and does a great job.
Microsoft Family Safety is a very solid and robust solution to add in
there.

I also run Toastman Tomato on my router which monitors sites visited and
let's me restrict connections by MAC address. It will also let you limit
speeds by MAC address.

All of that is free. If you use a Mac, they have really good parental
controls built in too.

Greg

On Friday, April 3, 2015, Doug Rooney <drooney57@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings

We do Emergency Foster care and are for the first time getting an older
child that needs access to the Internet for school.

I have let the other kids just get on line and didn’t worry, but now we
are getting an 11 year old and I need to figure out

how to lock it so she cannot go to places she is not allowed, in the past,
with my own children I used ‘Net Nanny’.

Any ideas on what is current and works?

Thank all

Cheers

~Dr.Doug