[THIN] Re: securing a terminal

  • From: Jan <tinybeetle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin-list <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 17:56:40 -0400

Use a multi-layered approach.

I use a Skydog Router. It is inexpensive and very powerful in what it can
do.
Safe Eyes software is very effective.
OpenDNS is pretty good.

I'm sure you know, nothing will ever be 100%. So let them know in no
uncertain terms, up front, that you WILL be monitoring what they are doing,
and that they should NOT have any expectation of privacy when using
anything on the internet. That way there are no misunderstandings.

On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 5:32 PM, Doug Rooney <drooney57@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greetings

We do Emergency Foster care and are for the first time getting an older
child that needs access to the Internet for school.

I have let the other kids just get on line and didn’t worry, but now we
are getting an 11 year old and I need to figure out

how to lock it so she cannot go to places she is not allowed, in the past,
with my own children I used ‘Net Nanny’.

Any ideas on what is current and works?

Thank all

Cheers

~Dr.Doug