[THIN] Re: repost: limit access to applications via time frame

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 12:26:32 -0500

Know Kix?

If so you could probably write a script that would check the day of the
week and the time. If you are outside of a certain time frame it could
call logoff.exe, pup a message that says they are not allowed to use the
app except between 8 and 5 and then log them off.=20

Then at the end of the script (if the time and date restraints are
correct) it could run the exe for the app.

One issue with this is that it will not log users off if the access the
app one minute before the time deadline.

Ron

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=20