[THIN] Re: repost- Printing

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 15:15:12 +0000

i seem to recall something along the lines of this in the past.. I think th=
e gist of it was PCL6 drivers suck, get postscript or PCL5 :)
Have a look through the archive, you should find something

Andrew
--o--

>>> philip.walley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 25/02/04 15:11:02 >>>
I never saw a reply so I am reposting in the hopes that someone out there c=
an help.=20
I was wondering if anyone else has seen this. I am running Xp FR3 on a win2=
K box. Using autocreated printers, I have seen print jobs for documents tha=
t were no larger than 5MBs on the server grow to 500MBs by the time it gets=
 to the client print spooler. As a workaround, I have users printing throug=
h network print servers that I have imported. Anyone experienced this issue=
 or know how to correct this issue?=20

Philip Walley=20
Sr. Network Engineer=20
Consultrix Technologies=20
Memphis, TN.=20
(901) 383-1300=20

=20

This weeks sponsor triCerat Inc.
triCerat makes your job easier by offering essential
applications to eliminate your printing, policy and profile,
and your application management problems.
http://www.triCerat.com=20