[THIN] reallocate citrix licenses

  • From: "Sohail Qadir" <qadir.sohail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:20:10 -0400

I am about to move my license files from a 2000 server to another 2003
server . In order to do this, I need to log in to www.mycitrix.com and then
"return, activate and re-allocate" the licenses. It seems pretty simple to
do but the thing is that since I'm not an expert and have never played with
citrix licenses before I Just want to confirm that I have all the steps
right.

From what I understand  I "return" the licenses by clicking the appropriate
key in MyCitrix, and change the name of the license server to the name of
the new server, then download the new license file then I will install the
Access suite license on the new server once installed i will copy the new
license file to the new server and it should work.

Am I right or is there anything else that I have to worry about.. Any help
or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I would be VERY greatfull if you could help me with this issue!

Sohail Qadir