[THIN] Re: quickbooks on Citrix

  • From: "LDeFoor" <citrix@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 10:06:17 -0800

Happy Holidays.

I have QB from version 99 all the way up to the enterprise edition running on a
citrix farm.

One thing to watch out for - MAKE SURE each user CLOSES the company before
exiting!

Disable the autoupdate agents that get put in the ALL USER Startup folder!
Also, go into QB and disable the autoupdate feature.

Multiple Floppy disks!  Users at their workstation CAN NOT restore or backup
quickbooks files that span multiple Floppy disks.  For some reason, QB doesn't
read the local (client) floppy for the second disk.  I have users log onto the
server (as themselves) and do manual restores from there if using multiple
floppies.

It does work with CD's and Zips though  -  Strange.

Hope that helps.