[THIN] Re: profile remnants

  • From: "Joe Grainger" <JAG@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 16:17:18 +0000

Hi Chris,

Various reasons.

Even with the latest version of the UHPClean service installed we have still
had problems.

I did stumble across a printing from adobe acrobat issue - don't have URLs, and
am sure that if you search online you will find it (im sure it was discussed
last year on this very list).

Within our environment we have discovered a pattern where users have followed
an "IT" guide who logs off without closing down apps/deleting problem print
jobs.  In the worst case scenario, this then causes the TSprofile load to fail
at next logon, which then leaves the graciously misguided user with a temporary
profile - "Where are my favourites? Citrix is useless, its broken"

Joe

>>> chris.werther@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 04/01/2006 16:08:32 >>>

Despite using delprof and having the registry setting set to delete profiles at
logoff, there are still remnants of many profiles remaining. They will have
different items in them ranging from the application data folder to the start
menu folder to individual files. They can be manually deleted but that is time
consuming. Any ideas as to why this may be happening? Win2003, MF XPe fr3 sp3
Chris WertherCitrix AdministratorCooper/ T.Smith

http://www.star.net.uk

Hazlewoods LLP - Chartered Accountants and Business Advisers

Offices in Cheltenham Tel 01242 237661, Gloucester Tel 01452 634800 and
Staverton Tel 01242 680000.

Members: Harvey Grove FCA FCCA  Andrew Brookes FCA CF  Jon Cartwright FCCA ATII
TEP  Nick Dee ACA  Tony Flambard FCCA David Granger FCA FCCA  Jonathan Harvie
FCA  David Main FCCA Christopher Mourton FCCA  David Pierce FCA FCCA  Adrian
Randle FCA FCCA TEP  Graham Rew FCA  Philip Swan FCA ATII  Norman Webber FCCA
CF  David Williams FCA

Website www.hazlewoods.co.uk.

Registered by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales to
carry out company audit work.
Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
Registered in England. Partnership No: OC311817
DISCLAIMER:
The contents of this Email and attachments are confidential to the ordinary
user(s) of the Email address(es) to which it was sent and may be legally
privileged.
Hazlewoods LLP accepts no responsibility for the content of this Email, or the
actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information
is subsequently agreed in writing.