[THIN] probably a stupid question...

  • From: Matt McComas <Matt.McComas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:20:08 -0600

We keep getting the error:

"The Farm Metric Server(s) cannot be contacted.  This will cause Resource
Manager to function incorrectly...etc, etc."

We do have Resource Manager installed on all servers, but are not using it.
Our data store is located in a SQL database.

We didn't used to get this error, but have been recently doing a lot of
development work in the farm (since its pre-production) and have been moving
a lot of servers in and out of the farm, and have changed the default zone
name.

What could be causing this behavior.  We have noticed some other oddities,
and want to make sure that they don't coincide with this error.

Thanks,

Matthew McComas
LAN Technician
RadioShack Corporation