[THIN] Re: printes going offline

  • From: Jan <tinybeetle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin-list <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:44:22 -0500

Check for print errors in the event log. At least that's what I run into. I
don't know how to fix them (other than a server reboot).

They usually contain the following:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Print
Event Category: None
Event ID: 6161
"Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 6. The handle is
invalid."

Your situation may be different since you're on x64 and my servers are
still x32.

One thing that I've found that helps with some of my problematic users is
to change the printer settings on their desktop, unchecking "Enable
Advanced Printing Features" and ensuring that "Enable Bidirectional
Support" is also unchecked.