[THIN] printes going offline

  • From: Jason CitrixADmin <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 09:27:50 -0500

I have a user that at apparently random times has her printers go Offline
(as seen on the server).  Usually this occurs after multiple print jobs but
not every time.  She is using a Canon Printer and an HP LaserJet printer.
Both of which are currently mapped to HP laserJet 4 drivers.
However she has the same issue if we use the Citrix universal driver.  Th
printer remains Online on her local PC, but it on the app server that the
printer shows as offline and the jobs queue up in the spool.
I am at a loss as to the cause at the moment.
I think my next step is to see if we can set her up to log into a single
server that we can troubleshoot on if there are any changes to the server
that need to be made.

We have W2k3 x64 and a mixture of XenApp 5.6 and 6.2  servers