[THIN] printer mapping question

  • From: Jason Patten <jasoncitrix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:56:28 -0400

We have  large and very heterogeneous client environment.  Currently I have
most users set to use the CItrix Universal driver.  I also have a policy
that overrides the Universal driver and allows either the native driver OR
an alternate based on our printer mapping file.  Users that need this are
placed in a group that the alternate drivers are setup for.  This basically
gives me 2 choices of how to setup each kind of printer.  Is there a way to
setup to have a 3rd option to map individual printers?
For example if I have HP laserJet (whatever) and it doesnt seem to play nice
with universal driver, so I set users that have it into the alternate group
where they get mapped to HP LaserJet 4 instead.  Now I have user C that
needs the ntive driver but I want to keep everyone else at LaserJet 4. Is
there a way to get a policy in place that will allow that?  I have been
looking but so far I can't see a way to setup a 3rd mapping option. Session
printers aren't really an option i don't think because All our clients come
in over the internet