[THIN] Re: printer bandwidth

  • From: "Grant, Lachlan ISMC:EX" <Lachlan.Grant@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 08:49:36 -0800

My assumption is that limiting the ICA printer bandwidth is only for locally
connected/autocreated printers, is this true?

Basically the you are limiting the amount of bandwidth within the ICA
session's virtual channel.

We've had success setting this to around 9kbps. Mainly for users who connect
from home via a cable connection. So it will depend upon the connection that
your clients have. Having it set to unlimited can make a user's session seem
to be frozen while its spooling the job to the client when using the Citrix
UPD, so setting this value will slow down the print job, but will allow the
user to keep working while it spooling.

Am I right in  saying this setting has no impact on network printers?

Lachlan.