[THIN] poor display of screenshots in Office XP applications within a Terminal Server Session

  • From: Oliver Wöll <owoell@xxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 09:18:13 +0100

Hello,

we use MetaFrame XP FR2 on Windows 2000 Server SP3 (english versions).
We have also installed 5 multilanguage packs and Office XP Professional (SR-2)
with 5 multilanguage packs.
We use 256 color ICA connections.

The problem:
If I make a screenshot with "Print" or "ALT-Print" and paste the bitmap in an
Office XP-Program (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint), the display of the bitmap
will be very poor on the screen. You will receive dotted bitmaps or red or
green colored bitmaps. On scrolling up an down the display of the bitmap
changes.
If I print such an Office document or load those documents on another Office XP
FatClient, the bitmaps are ok. Also pasting those bitmaps in another
application like Wordpad, Paint, Visio 2002 will result in a correct display.

The problem exists also with RDP-Connections (256 colors).

Increasing the color depth is not recommended due to the increasing network
bandwidth requirements.

Who can help me to solve the problem?

Regards

Oliver Woell