[THIN] Re: password recovery tool (thin Digest V14 #46)

  • From: Dietmar Gibietz-Rheinbay <gibietz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2015 12:58:28 +0200

From: Angela <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: Uninstall Citrix from non functioning server
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 15:24:40 +1000

Hi
Can anyone "recommend" a password recovery tool that is not "dodgy"? Don't
want to risk running dodgy software in Enterprise environment.

Thanks

Angela, you may want to try "Trinity Rescue Kit | CPR for your
computer", http://trinityhome.org/ -- why? It is open source and easy to
use. I think it has a password reset option, but have not tried it so
far. We use TRK for many other things, though, like cleaning temp files etc.

Dietmar Gibietz-Rheinbay
IT-Services
Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research