[THIN] outlook attachments

  • From: "Luchette, Jon" <JLuchette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 13:19:57 -0500

MF FR3, win 2k sp4, Outlook XP, Office 2000, 6 servers.

Hello,

We recently rebuilt all six of our Citrix servers, and I am now getting an
odd thing that is happening with certain users while using Outlook XP.  I
now that it is not happening with any of the domain administrators or our
support team which also has elevated permissions on the citrix servers.

The user will: Open Outlook, Open Email with attachment, Open attachment and
read.

Then: close attachment, close email that contained attachment, move to next
email in the list or any other email in inbox and we get an error message
that reads:

 "A program still has file attachment xyz.doc open.  Changes to this
document will be lost unless you save your changes to another file by
clicking the File Menu in the other program, and then clicking Save As."

It is just really annoying and I can't find why this is happening anywhere.

I have tried using Filemon to see if it is looking for access somewhere and
it is not helping at all.
Any ideas?

/jL