[THIN] Re: ? on Citrix Load Testing

  • From: "Henske, Jennifer" <Jennifer.Henske@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:40:41 -0500

Here is a snip from an email I sent the list a month or so ago....

<snip>We bought CitraTest from Tevron and it worked out real well.  They
have a cool way of scripting.   You know how you have to insert pauses
in your script and guess how log it will take before your next mouse
click needs to happen?  It never fails that the script blows up as load
slows the box down and the mouse clicks get out of sync.

CitraTest works by taking little screen shots of a button, task bar or
any graphic.  You put the graphic in the script and have it wait till
that graphic pops.  You no longer have to guess!  Pretty cool.

Our test team picked it over all the other tools out there and said it
was real easy to setup.  Did a good job of predicting the load as well.

Insert usual disclaimer here - (I didn't even get a free t-shirt).
</snip>

I haven't been the main person using it, but the capacity folks really
like it.  They use the Rational tools for most of our testing.

We launch our tests via WI so it is going over ICA just like our users.

Jennifer Henske
Project Engineering
A.G. Edwards Technology Group

  _____