[THIN] Re: offline printers in session

  • From: Jeremy Saunders <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 15:47:23 +0000

Hi Jason,

Of course there are a truckload of hotfixes to install. But this tells me the
Win7 64-bit image doesn’t even have the basic patches that every build should
have. That hotfix, the 3 regression hotfixes, and many other hotfixes should be
the base of any Windows 7 image….full stop! If Microsoft did a Desktop RAP,
this would be highlighted in their report. Consider this is a “best practice”
hotfix. Does the 32-bit image contain that hotfix, or maybe you need to compare
the core printing components between the 32-bit and 64-bit Win7 images, as per
KB2647753. You’re asking for help on many forums. I’ve given you a starting
point that I believe could help you, but I’m not sure myself because I know
little of your environment and it sounds like it’s quite outdated. Whether you
are in control of the image or not surely you have a test machine, or can get
someone who has control to install the hotfixes on at least one machine and
disable the firewall for testing?

Cheers,
Jeremy