[THIN] Re: off subject

  • From: "Roy A. Tokeshi" <roy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 09:48:52 -0500

I'll guess that you want something more than the "copy the stuff to the
new profile" answer.

If you go to:
Hklm\software\microsoft\windows NT\currentversion\ProfileList

You can change to pointer for a particular account's sid to go to
whichever profile folder you want.

The only thing you will have to do then is make sure permissions don't
become an issue.

Hth,
Rat

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 9:38am, Robinson, Nick wrote:
> I have inherited a windows 2000 server setup as a workgroup. I want to
> add it to my domain and keep the same desktop, programs etc. Does
> anyone
> know the easiest/best way to do this? I've already added it to my
> domain
> and naturally it creates another profile. I don't want that, I want the
> original desktop etc..
>
> Thanks
> Nick

hth,
rat
Roy A. Tokeshi
602.614.4931
http://www.tokeshi.com/articles/3000

<apology>Sent from handheld. Please forgive spelling, punctuation, and
gramatical errors.</apology>
This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.
consulting services you can depend on.
http://www.go-eol.com