[THIN] Re: [nosig] RE: OT - Assistance with script to delete folders

  • From: scott.delagrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 11:16:06 -0400

Try this....

folderPath = "C:\TTemp"
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
    & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer &
"\root\cimv2")

Set colSubfolders = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
    ("Associators of {Win32_Directory.Name='" & folderPath &
"'} " _
        & "Where AssocClass = Win32_Subdirectory " _
            & "ResultRole = PartComponent")

Set objFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

For Each objFolder in colSubfolders
    WScript.Echo objfolder.name

    objFSO.DeleteFolder(objFolder.Name), True
Next

objFSO.DeleteFile(folderpath & "\*.*"), DeleteReadOnly

Regards,
Scott DeLagrange
CIBA VISION Corporation
IT Global Manufacturing & Supply
CIBA VISION Corporation
11460 Johns Creek Parkway
Johns Creek, GA 30097
Phone: 678-415-3299
Fax: 678-415-2609
Email : Scott.DeLagrange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web : http://www.CIBAVISION.com

Jeremy Saunders <Jeremy.Saunders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/28/2010 10:22 AM
Please respond to
thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[THIN] Re: [nosig] RE: OT - Assistance with script to delete folders

Everything can be scripted to achieve whatever you want. This is the power
of scripting. From the vbscript you can use icacls.exe to change folder
permissions.

Cheers,
Jeremy.

From: it@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 08:52:54 +0100
Subject: [THIN] [nosig] RE: OT - Assistance with script to delete folders

Hi,

You might want to look at this:
http://www.computing.net/answers/programming/vbscript-to-delete-all-subfolders/14650.html

Easiest way would be to create a script to remove the top level folder and
everything inside, and then recreate the top level folder.

i.e.

@echo off
rmdir /s /q somedir
mkdir somedir