[THIN] Re: [nosig] RE: OT - Assistance with script to delete folders

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 21:29:19 +1000

Hi

I cannot delete the top level as the top folder has specific rights which are
not inherited..  Would be good if I can delete everything except the top
folder.  Otherwise I would need to script the ACL modifications also.  Users
group needs modify access to the top folder..  Can this be scripted easily?

Thanks
Ang

From: it@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 08:52:54 +0100
Subject: [THIN] [nosig] RE: OT - Assistance with script to delete folders

Hi,

You might want to look at this:
http://www.computing.net/answers/programming/vbscript-to-delete-all-subfolders/14650.html

Easiest way would be to create a script to remove the top level folder and
everything inside, and then recreate the top level folder.

i.e.

@echo off
rmdir /s /q somedir
mkdir somedir