[THIN] Re: no, no, help me....you printing gunu's

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 05:54:30 +1000

Hi Brian,

The painful part about answering this is the suggestion I might be a
gunu ;-)

A relatively easy way way to do what you want is to use lpd/lpr.

That way you got "driverless" (lpd doesn't care) connectivity between
your servers, with the only stipulation being that the drivers have to
be for similar or compatible printer models.

lpr/lpd is somewhat more costly since it requires formatted print jobs
with the print formatting done at the "client" end. But it works
printing to just about anything.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack