[THIN] Re: nfuse - applications

  • From: "Parker, Dennis" <Dennis.Parker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 06:39:11 -0700

There are three known problems for the "ICA File Not Found" problem when
attempting to connect to a Citrix session.

1.  The very most common and should always be tried first:  Clear the
Temporary Internet Files.
        Cause:  There is a small file (launch.ica) that gets placed in the
Temporary Internet Files folder when attempting to connect to Citrix.  The
Citrix ICA client then reads this file which contains authentication
information (encrypted) and various other settings and creates the
connection to the Citrix server.  If the Temporary Internet Files fills up,
the file can't be written and the ICA Client can't read it, thus the message
"ICA File Not Found".

2.  Second most common reason:  In the Internet Options, Advanced Tab,
Security settings:  "Do Not Save Encrypted Files to Disk" is checked.
        Cause:  When this setting is enabled, encrypted files (see above
about the launch.ica file) are not saved to the Temporary Internet Files,
thus when the ICA Client attempts to find the file, you will see the "ICA
File Not Found" message.

3.  Third reason:  In the Internet Options, Security Tab:  Settings for
Active scripting are not enabled.
        Cause:  If Active Scripting is not enabled, the launch.ica file will
not be properly created to be placed in the Temporary Internet Files, thus
the ICA Client can't read it, thus the message "ICA File Not Found".

Dennis Parker, MCSE, CCA
Senior Systems Analyst
Fiserv EFT
4550 SW Macadam Ave, Ste 100
Portland, Or. 97239
Direct: 503-274-6785
Fax:    503-274-6619

This e-mail is confidential and may well be legally privileged.   If you
have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.   Please notify
us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your
system.   Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person.   To do so could violate state and Federal
privacy laws.
Thank you for your cooperation.   Please contact me if you need assistance.