[THIN] Re: multi monitor support

  • From: Barry Flanagan <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:01:05 -0800 (PST)

ESX obviously has its advantages. Many people use ESX today to give
acces to VM's over both RDP and ICA(when publishing a VM that
includes PS).

This scenario gives you the ability to use ICA to access any OS in a
VM, not just an OS that runs PS. There are some specific features
Citrix is building for XP images that will add new functionality that
no other current scenario provides. When you mix in the performance
and features of ICA, the relevant features of PS and Web Interface,
and the new specific features built for Windows XP images, you have a
interesting recipe. You will be able to decide how tasty that recipe
is when this is released next year.

--- Steve Greenberg <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That is a perfectly good scenario, but it does not give you the
> efficiencies
> of ESX server. I was describing running the VM's on ESX server and
> accessing
> them via RDP. Then you publish mstsc.exe using PS which gives you
> all the
> benefits of Presentation Server while maintaining a dedicated
> workstation
> node running on ESX.
>
> Running the VM's on PS locally is fine, but resource contention is
> going to
> be an issue IMHO.....
>

> Steve Greenberg
> Thin Client Computing