[THIN] Re: mini-poll: mirrored disk or page file on a seperate disk?

  • From: "Gunn, Jeff" <Jeff.Gunn@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 16:26:45 -0500

It would depend on the apps that will be run.  If the apps are
disk-intensive and performance is the main goal, then option b is the way to
go.

Personally, I'd rather sacrifice a bit or performance and have the peace of
mind that the server is less likely to croak if a drive fails, so I would
almost invariably choose option a.

        -Jeff