[THIN] mini-poll: mirrored disk or page file on a seperate disk?

  • From: "Charles Morrall" <Charles.Morrall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 21:59:25 +0100

I'm semi-involved in a project where we are looking at deploying a fairly large
farm (approx 30 servers) using blade servers. Each blade only has place for 2
drives, and we're not going to SAN attach them.
In this situation would you:
a) mirror two drives and place everything on this mirror set?
b) not mirror them and place the page file on it's own drive?

Option a is obviously for a bit more redundancy, option b is for performance.
Dual CPU blades with 2 or 4 GB RAM.

/charles