[THIN] Re: kix script check

  • From: "Luchette, Jon" <JLuchette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:47:33 -0500

Thanks so much for your help.

/jL

-----Original Message-----
From: Anders Hansen-Øvre [mailto:Anders.Hansen-Ovre@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 6:08 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: kix script check

You can something like this:

$path = "c:\somedir"
$file = "somefile.exe"
$currentversion = "1.0.0.0"
If Exist ($path+$file)
    $version = GetFileVersion ($path+$file,"FileVersion")
    ?"Found version: " + $version
    If $version <> $currentversion
        Shell "xcopy \\fileserver\share\newfile.exe
<file:///\\fileserver\share\newfile.exe>  $path /q /y"
    Endif
    else
    ;Run the install stuff
Endif

(Made this in a hurry, but I hope it gives you a clue)
---
mvh/yours
Anders Hansen-Øvre