[THIN] Re: kix script check

  • From: "Parker, Dennis" <Dennis.Parker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 13:52:47 -0800

IF INGROUP ("MAIL SETTINGS")
 $RESULT = COMPAREFILETIMES("C:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT
OFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE", "  <file://\\EFT01DC01\NETLOGON\OUTLOOK.EXE>
\\EFT01DC01\NETLOGON\OUTLOOK.EXE")
 IF $RESULT = -2
  $RESULT = COMPAREFILETIMES("D:\PROGRAM FILES\MICROSOFT
OFFICE\OFFICE\OUTLOOK.EXE", "  <file://\\EFT01DC01\NETLOGON\OUTLOOK.EXE>
\\EFT01DC01\NETLOGON\OUTLOOK.EXE")
 ENDIF
 IF $RESULT = -1
  SHELL @LSERVER + "\netlogon\PROF98.BAT"
 ENDIF
 IF $RESULT = 0
  SHELL @LSERVER + "\netlogon\PROF2000.BAT"
 ENDIF
ENDIF
----

I compare the Outlook.exe to a known version, in a known location.  If
the result is -2 the file wasn't found and should be found in the second
location.  If they don't match (-1) they are running outlook 98, if they
do match, they are running Outlook 2000.

This might not be exactly what you are looking for, but it's pretty
close I think.

Hope it helps.

Dennis Parker, MCSE, CCA
Senior Systems Analyst
Fiserv EFT
4550 SW Macadam Ave, Ste 100
Portland, Or. 97239
Direct: 503-274-6785
Fax:    503-274-6619

This e-mail is confidential and may well be legally privileged.   If you
have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.   Please
notify us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from
your system.   Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or
disclose its contents to any other person.   To do so could violate
state and Federal privacy laws.
Thank you for your cooperation.   Please contact me if you need
assistance.