[THIN] Re: internet icon

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:46:22 +1300

There is a key in the registry at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active
Setup\Installed Components where you'll find items that get installed on
first login. For example, if you remove the "stubpath" value at
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed
Components\{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}, you'll prevent the
Outlook Express icon from appearing in the Quick Launch toolbar. I think if
you remove this entire key:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed
Components\{5A8D6EE0-3E18-11D0-821E-444553540000}

  that you'll eliminate the IE Connection Wizard in its entirety. I haven't
tested it, so export the values first in case you want to put them back.
  Another way to eliminate it is to set the registry value that tells IECW
that it has already run. That value is at