[THIN] installed apps v app virtulisation

  • From: "Hamilton, Ronnie" <ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 08:58:54 -0000

Hi ,

I have  been having a look at application virtualisation in XenApp 5 and
have tested a few apps streamed to desktops just to get a feel for the
technology.

My next step is to move our XenApp infrastructure to XenApp 6.5 on 2008
R2,  we have a pretty mixed environment consisting of Vista and W7 Pc's
lots of thin terminals.

My real question really is anyone installing applications directly onto
XenApp or indeed desktops anymore or is it all virtual apps.

Or is it only with the experience with lots of  trial and error were you
can fully get to grips with this.

I intend to investigate XenDesktop as well but I may have to push ahead
with the 6.5 roll out to facilitate Office 2010.

Any particular direction I should be taking ? We don't have 100's of
apps maybe 25 or so and they are mainly commercial and not custom in
house apps.

Thanks

Ronnie

Ronnie Hamilton
Senior Network Engineer

Lufthansa Technik Airmotive Ireland

IT Department
Naas Road, Rathcoole

Co. Dublin, Ireland
Phone: +353 1 401 1253
E-mail: ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx <mailto:ronnie.hamilton@xxxxxxx>

www.ltai.ie

Visit our website : www.ltai.ie
45999.   Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
Reg. No. 140891.  Registered Office: Naas Road, Rathcoole, Co.Dublin.
The information in this email and in any attachments is confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy this message,
delete any copies held on your systems and notify the sender by return email.
You should not read, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, disclose or use
this email or its contents in any way. Any such action is strictly prohibited.
Thank you.