[THIN] .ica files don't work

  • From: Michael Hagberg <michael.hagberg@xxxxxx>
  • To: "'Thin (E-mail)'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 09:03:24 +0200

We have several published applications and a published desktop on our
Citrixfarm running Metaframe XPa SR2 (no FR installed) on Windows 2000 SP3.
The users access them on a website with the .ica-files.
Some clients (most of the clients works just fine) are now unable to
completely start up these published applications. They can connect and they
are logged in, but after that the applications stop with an empty window.
What can I do to solve this problem?
Here is what I have done so far:
- Testing with a custom ica connection, works fine.
- The ica client upgraded to 6.31.1051 (from 6.01.961), didnt solve the
problem
- If you terminate the process called cmstart.exe on the server, the
application shows a message: "[Applicationname] failed to start. The
citrixserver is unable to process your request to start...". Then the client
tries to shut down WFShellWindow, but fails and asks for input. Clicking on
"End now" or terminating the process on the server makes the user logged out
nicely, although the application never starts.
- I've checked the registry for the key Winlogon: Appsetup under HKLM and it
looks fine to me (UsrLogon.Cmd,updatdrv.exe,cmstart.exe)
- Tested the solution mentioned in CTX885913, but nothing changed.
- The failing clients didnt experience this problem some weeks ago (its a
new problem)
- Reinstalling the computer doesnt solve the problem
- The same user with the same profile can run the applications just fine on
most of the other clients. We have also tried to create a new profile for
the user.
- RDP-client works fine on all clients.
- In the CMC it looks just like if the user were logged in and running the
application as normal.
- The problem is the same on both servers in the farm.

Any suggestions?
Michael