[THIN] Re: http links to office docs broken after installing IE 8

  • From: Jeremy Saunders <Jeremy.Saunders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 17:32:23 +0000

Hi Hector,

It sounds more like a security issue, or a setting in IE that's blocking the
opening of hyperlinks. Try resetting all your IE settings.

However, file hyperlinks are opened by the htmlfile association. More
specifically, check the following...
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shell\open\ddeexec
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\htmlfile\shell\opennew\ddeexec

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Jeremy.