[THIN] Re: how to set 1 instance if app per server?

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 12:51:16 -0400

Jim,

Thanks a lot for the reply. Yes I'll modify the script and try it. It will
definitely prevent 2nd user from launching the app if it is already running.
The last question I have is this:

What if say 2nd user tries to login to ther server where the application is
already running. The script will log him out because the trigger file will
be detected. Is there a way in this case to somehow redirect user to the
different server? With load balancing if the app is already running on the
least loaded server 2nd user trying to launch this app will be continuosly
logged off until other server becomes least loaded one.

Thanks,

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems and Network Coordinator
Pembroke General Hospital
Tel. (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
Fax. (613) 732-9986
www.pemgenhos.org

"All that matters is love and work" - Sigmund Freud.