[THIN] how to create CMC printserver for PC-based PRNs?

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin. Org (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:30:53 -0400

Hi guys

Not sure if it is possible but think it is worth asking.

I have too many printers shared of W95/98/2000 PCs around here. I also have
thin clients (WinCE-based), fat clients and Linux clients.

I would like to assign my PC-based printers the same way I do with my
network-enabled printers (through CMC and groups). The money to buy
printservers for all local printers are not here obviously (for now anyway).
The question is: I want to install a PC-shared printer on the NT or 2000
printserver as "local" and I can not. I can install it as a network printer
but this way it is not showing up in CMC if I update the prinserver. Am I
doing smth wrong?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems and Network Coordinator
Pembroke General Hospital
Tel. (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
Fax. (613) 732-9986
www.pemgenhos.org

"All that matters is love and work" - Sigmund Freud.