[THIN] how can I stop users from downloading winzip?

  • From: "Gordon Olson" <golson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <THIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 09:23:21 -0700

It appears that a user that can only see his V: drive (home directory)
in explorer  is still able to download and install winzip to the c:\ and
pretty much extract files anywhere they want.

One, is there a way to stop this without using something like appsense?
We run a lot of applications so using policies would be a nightmare.

Two, if we run winzip on the server is there a way to allow the user
only to extract to their home directory?

TIA

Gordon

This weeks sponsor New Moon Canaveral IQ
New Moon Canaveral IQ is an intelligent
alternative to Citrix® MetaFrame ? for
delivering and managing centrally-deployed
Windows-based applications
http://www.newmoon.com