[THIN] Re: homedrives and logon

  • From: Richard Wykes <richard.wykes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:52:54 +0100

I think this was in the AstraZeneca case study presentation.   It's
available to download from iforumedinburgh.com now if you were at Iforum,
but I think the gist of it was:

On each server have a %tsepath% variable defined that points to a local file
server.

In the users TS Profile path have something like %tsepath%\%username%

Then you have to override the default homedrive option.

In Windows 2000 this is in:

HKCU\Environment\HOMEDRIVE
HKCU\Environment\HOMEPATH

In Windows 2003 it in a policy setting:

TS User Home Directory.

I think I have got this right.   Even looking through the presentation it's
still hazy for me and I was there!

Hope this helps.

Richard