[THIN] have a process still running after seamless app closes

  • From: TSguy92 Lan <tsguy92@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:31:17 -0800

Afternoon listies,

We have an app run in seamless mode, which is used as a starter point to
ensure that a number of other applications can be started within the same
memory space (same server).

One of the newer applications being launched by this starter point, has a
secondary EXE process spawned that drops directly down to the system tray.

All is well and good, until the main starter application is closed. The
spawned EXE's for the system tray app won't close without an end user
selecting to exit them specifically.

Have attempted the reg mods defined in -
http://support.citrix.com/article/ctx891671, but that hasn't done it for us
so far.

I was recall some kind of third party app, "launchit" "launchthis"...or
something similar which can watch spawned processes and close them out after
the initially launched app closes.

Not finding it in my searches, curious if anyone else is aware of a utility
which will help us close out this little bugger of an exe.

thanks,

Lan