[THIN] Re: google toolbar

  • From: "IT Support" <it@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:12:08 -0000

Hi,

We have been using the Google toolbar for over a year on a CPS 4.0 environment.
No problem thus far (touches wood)

Advisable to import the Google .adm file into your group policy structure as
it's quite useful. According to the admin guide that you download with the
installer file, it supports per-machine installation only, so I suspect the
only way to make it available selectively to certain users is to customise IE
using something like IEAK6 and ship out a couple of separate versions of IE.

We let all and sundry use it here, so no such concerns =¬)

Regards

Jaime