[THIN] Re: ftp problem

  • From: Henry Sieff <hsieff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:45:10 -0500

NMAP. Usually, the connection refused is a sign of blocking the active
connection.

You can issue "literal PASV" from ftp and see if that works. This will use
PASV, which depending on what firewall is in place, might have better luck.

http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html contains a great description of the
differences. If your firewall drops connections initiated by hosts on the
internet by default, Passive mode might work better. However, there are also
firewall configs which by default just block the connections from high ports
(>1023), so that would hose passive mode.

Henry