[THIN] Re: frontrange HEAT and Citrix

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 22:05:08 -0500

This seems familiar. There was something like this in 6. It's fuzzy though.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 6, 2009, at 9:28 PM, Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

yep, actually I redirected that to the users H: drive per frontrange's suggestion; but it seems to bomb out before it gets to that point - I never get the logon screen, it just dies either during or right after it display "connecting to database" in the status bar

On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 2:06 PM, James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: Do all users have access to HFW file? (I think its %program files% \heat\*.hfw)

its been a while since ive published heat...

This file is first created upon user login and needs to have full control access by everyone that opens heat. If they cant create it the program just bombs out.

Also if the heat database schema is updated this file needs to be totally recreated and if other users have heat open, this file is locked and the program bombs out AGAIN, until everyone is out of heat, the file is recreated, and then all users can log back in and share the same file.

Hope this helps..

Cheers
JAMES

Let us help with car news, reviews and more Looking for a new car this winter?