[THIN] folder redirection

  • From: "robbie green" <robbie_green@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 17:15:27 +0000

Hi

I am quite new to this so you'll have to bear with me if i miss out on any
info you may require, but we are running 6 Win2000 servers with Citrix XPe
SP2 (no FR yet) and am having a nightmare with the folder redirection
policy. (have only just joined this company!)

By default Word, Explorer etc default to 'my docs' on the server's c:\ and
after making some changes to the folder redirection policy when I open a new
doc or just open explorer i keep getting the same error 'This operation has
been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please
contact your system administrator'.

I have tried various things including: only enabling the folder redirection
on 'my docs', putting various paths in the target folder direction (no
longer getting the error msg about not being a valid UNC path - finally
worked that one out!) I have checked the permissions on the target folder -
everyone has full permissions. I am using the following path
\\server\home\%username% which i am sure is correct.

I notice in the folder list of explorer or when im opening a new doc it
hangs after loading the 'my computer' icon (next one should be desktop) and
thats when it throws up the error each time. It seems to be doing the
redirecting but falling over somewhere.

I guess this is probably quite a simple one for the more experienced Citrix
guru's out there, i do hope you can help me!

Thanks in advance.

Robbie Green
Data centre technician
ENG Hosting Ltd