[THIN] Re: existing outlook 2003 profiles.

  • From: "TSguy92 Lan" <tsguy92@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:33:54 -0800

"We are trying
to use and existing PRF file from MS outlook 2000"

I would think that this is likely your problem. Try running through the
office 2003 install customization wizard (available with the office 2003
resource kit) to create a new *.prf file with the settings that you want
defined in your outlook clients, and then place that file in location you
defined in your script. "c:\Program
Files\MIcrosoft Office\Custom11.prf"

HTH

Lan

On 11/14/06, Jose Luis Delgado <delgadojl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello everyone.

We are building a new citrix farm, Windows server 2003 SP1, MS office
2003, Citrix MPS4.0. We are on the testing phase, but we are running
into trouble when using MS outlook 2003 on a test user. We are trying
to use and existing PRF file from MS outlook 2000, moving existing
user profiles to a 2003 environment and build new user profiles. We
have used different ways to follow the instructions from different
postings and tech documents, but the one that seems to work is a
script from a previous posting on thin list, as follows:

$ =
delvalue("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\setup","First-Run")
$ =
Writevalue("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\setup","importPRF","c:\Program
Files\MIcrosoft Office\Custom11.prf", REG_SZ)

$Outlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
$NS = $Outlook.GetNamespace("MAPI")
; $Fldr = $NS.GetDefaultFolder(6)
; $Unread = $Fldr.UnReadItemCount
$Outlook = 0

When my testuser logs in into a published desktop, and clicks on MS
outlook 2003, outlook opens, but it opens the 'personal folder' and
not the user's mailbox.
Is there anything that should be done 1st. or something that we are
missing. Any feed back and suggestions with be appreciated.

Thank you.
-Jose.
SBC SITES ONLY GOOGLE SEARCH: http://www.F1U.com