[THIN] executing a script before the Gina starts

  • From: "Tony Lyne (Computerland)" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:00:54 +1200

Heres an interesting situation.

I have been asked to configure some machines to execute a script before the
Login screen appears for some workstations/servers.

This site is a NetWare/Zen3.2 site with no AD.

The problem is that the customer doesnot want to use the Zen Group policies
to assign a startup/shutdown script to the machines when they come up. They
want these scripts to execute without relying on GPO's rather a Reg Hack and
a simple script to run.

Im looking at the
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentControlSet\Winlogon area at the
moment.

Any ideas?

Tony Lyne

Senior Systems Engineer

Computerland Central

P O Box 1470

PALMERSTON NORTH

Telephone (+64) 06 3566655

Facsimile (+64) 06 3566800

Mobile (+64) 0274 720696

E-mail Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Internet  <http://www.computerland.co.nz/> http://www.computerland.co.nz

CAUTION: This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain information
that is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this message or data is prohibited. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify me immediately and delete all material
pertaining to this e-mail. Thank you.